Monday, December 25, 2006

Amidst a political christmas

How I love holidays and special days and Christmas in particular! Sitting at work at 5.45am on Christmas morning is somehow not so bad since I have a Santa hat and a bright pink christmassy top to help me get through it! The fact that some creative genius at JWT had decided to send me pop rocks in their Christmas card has also helped considerably. It really doesn't take too much to make me happy... perhaps I AM as decadent as some good friends (who know who they are..) accuse me of being...
I've been amusing myself somewhat by reading Christmas messages sent in by politicians... the irony is somewhat diverting and the cynic in me is having a field day... I think my favourite one upto now is by Somawansa Amarasinghe who has called for us to defeat terrorism while celebrating... somehow this conjures up images of AK 47 toting dual purpose Santa's who can not only deliver gifts but also take out terrorists in one power packed trip. Second on my list of Best Christmas messages is by Prime Minister Ratnasiri Wickramanayake who has called for the country to pray for the defeat of terrorism.... selfless messages of peace and solidarity.... The others are fairly orthodox standard run of the mill messages... the usual hope, peace and love thing.... I appreciate the two above because I feel they really reflect the individuality and personality of the authors. I'm currently looking for the bronzer in terms of local Christmas messages - I shall post it as soon as I find it.... later maybe I'll go for the top 3 international figurehead christmas messages. Any discoveries anyone?

6 comments:

Kanya said...

hmmm... kind of like the Americans celebrating thanksgiving??

Kanya said...

by the way: Merry Christmas my darling Ayeshea!!!
lots of love, biiiiiiiig hug, sloppy kiss. (and some twickssss and sssssnickerssss)

Ayeshea said...

Thank you!!!! I missd you madly... especially after the fifth glass of wine! My head is pounding to the extent that it feels like something has taken up residence in it!
Love you!!!

Morquendi said...

I just googled 'Stream of Consciousness Blog' and there are over 1.1 million blogs by this title :)

Anonymous said...

Twat! Just because there're 1.1 million references to what you google for, that doesn't mean they're all blogs. Moron.

Unknown said...

Hey Yesh...
Hope u had a Super Christmas and hv a crazy year ahead...
luv ya ***