Friday, December 22, 2006

Gaiman!!!!

Lately I find myself wavering... my fidelity to Terry Pratchett is on the line. Reason? New man in my life. Neil Gaiman.... who has moved me enough to want to write about the depth of feeling he invokes in me. What does one do? Will Terry understand? Neverwhere established "that" connection between us, but "American Gods" really had me... what an awesomely well crafted novel - a monster read that I slowed down even more because (to use the cliche critics phrase) I didnt want the damn thing to end! Also read his blog - which is updated frequently and is as funny, clever and entertaining as any of his prose. Of course I wouldnt be called a "true" fan by any stretch of the imagination... especially since I've never read his sandman series... mostly since I ant afford it. But his prose is a delight.. its intelligent, the plots are tight and his characters are some of the most delightful people you'll ever come across in print. (also maybe in real life). Gaiman.. you've got me! What does one do? Right now I'm compromising and holding onto Good Omens which is a collaborative effort by my two favourite men in the world right now. Yup... Gaimans got me... and right now I'm just enjoying the rush of the rendevouz... read if you can American Gods, Neverwhere and Stardust.... awesome awesome... just dont ask for mine since I'm a possesive sort of lover.

No comments: