Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Its over but....

Yesterday I finished my university career. And apart from the obvious sense of relief that it was finally over, I felt nothing. Nothing! And I realised that really... my university life was not the rip roaringly fun period in my life that its supposed to be for everyone in general... it was a burden and towards the end there was too much unpleasantness and too much stress for it to be anything more than that..
and I guess thats sad.. I feel quite deprived and cheated somehow. I should have had far more fun than this dammit! I should have done more stuff! I should have been more involved! And while this isnt a case of regret its a sense that I've been somehow let down by life...
perhaps I'm watching too many chich flick type high school and university movies.. perhaps I need to just start concentrating on my thesis without trying to get profoundly philospohical about what "ought" to have been... and while I'm at it, chapter 2 will soon be written (at least the draft) remember to check my thesis so far here
alright then the slightly let down but unmistakenly euphoric ayeshea will get on with the inane details of life such as having a bath and going to sleep... hangover from last nights celebrations is still not completely gone away and eyes are dropping with sleep - that elusive creature!
euphoric yet let down... the great paradox of the week....

No comments: